On 11/09/2007, Nick Fitzsimons <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> They're testing their font-sizes by taking a screen shot and
> then using a
> tool such as photoshop to measure and compare the pixel value.

>> Your clients really need to get out more :-)

Hehe, yes couldn't agree more!  When it's their 'brand' they tend to become
a little protective!

> If you open firebug and select a piece of text to then look
> at the layout
> optioni the values it gives are the measurements of the
> surrounding element

That's correct: the "Layout" tool shows the details of the box model as
applied to that element. To find out what size the font is, select the
"Style" tab, then use the "Options" menu in the upper right to show the
computed style; this will give you the actual font size in pixels, no matter
how it has been specified (ems, keywords or whatever).

*AWESOME* thank you, this is exactly what I was looking for.  Thank you
Thank you!!

Thank you also, for taking the time to explain about font sizing and windows
rendering.

Cheers
Kristina