On 11/9/07 (22:12) David said:

>If you know it is a bad idea, why would you do it?

Oh, same reason those scientists in old films like to get a brain-
damaged ape and a blonde from Central Casting and plug them both into a
pair of electric switching helmets.

Theoretical knowledge for its own sake.

I do understand the basic principles of text sizing such as you described, ie:
>html {font-size: 100%;}
>body {font-size: 1em;}
>h1 {font-size: 1.8em;}

I was just curious about whether pixels might become resizable if re-
specced in a different unit deeper into object hierarchy, ie. if the em
unit would override the px unit. I have no plans to do it, I just didn't
like not knowing. (I suppose I was wondering if it was possible to
bypass the user's default size choices -- not an accessible choice, I
know --and start at a specific pixel size on body, then size child
elements in a proportional and resizable manner thereafter).

An academic interest, as I said.
And now I know. Thanks.

Oh, Jukka:
>Surely the latter is meant to be
>   h1 { font-size: 1.8em }

Yes. Thanks for correcting my tired typing.

--
Rick Lecoat