Adam Hardy wrote:
>> I see those errors - caught out by Firefox again! I used the
>> Firefox File menu 'Save Page as' menu command to save that one page
>> from the website with the style sheet and the images onto my public
>> server. Unfortunately Firefox re-parsed the HTML and munged some of
>> it, which is causing the validation errors.

As expected.

So far I have the same experiences as "Tarquin" when it comes to saving
web pages through browsers: they all mess it up, but to different degree...
<http://www.howtocreate.co.uk/saving.html>

FWIW: I use Opera - save "HTML file with images" - for all page-saving
operations, which normally means I won't get 'conditionally commented'
stylesheets and other external 'cc-linked' stuff for IE/win directly.
File-names are changed to an internal format - 8 + 3 letters (equals the
old DOS format). I also choose so save "all files in same folder" in
order to keep it compact and easy to work with, which of course affects
all links.
Other than that there are rarely any losses - maybe one in a hundred
(X)HTML documents doesn't survive downloading through Opera. The
original source-code is intact, and it works in all browsers and
authoring tools locally.

>> http://www.gargantus.com/sylvie/list.html
>
> I forgot to say, that fixes it all nicely!

Glad to hear, and see, that.

regards
        Georg
--