Peggy Coats wrote:
> I'm having a problem on this site in IE :
> http://www.ripeforretirement.com/

> For some reason, I can't scroll down to the bottom of the page -- it
> just kind of "jumps" around when attempting to do so.   I have a
> feeling it might be related to the javascript for the font
> enlargement, but not really sure.

The 'js/equalcolumns.js' is bugging IE/win ... it can't get past its
artificial bottom, and the footer is below.
"Kill" the script and IE/win will do fine, or check out the conditions
the script is supposed to work under and adjust your layout to it.

What do you need that script for? No visual columns to take care of on
that page, but you may have other reasons.

IE/win already has a 'hasLayout' trigger that keeps the center-column in
check width-wise, and other browsers will do fine with a suitable 'block
formatting'[1] trigger.

#outerWrapper #contentWrapper #content {
display: table-cell;
}
...seems to work fine, but have only checked it in Opera and Firefox on
windows.

You can of course also give that element the correct margin...
#outerWrapper #contentWrapper #content {
margin: 0 200px 0 230px;
}
...in which case neither 'hasLayout', 'block formatting' or
'equalcolumns script' seems to be necessary in any browser.

You just have to remember that IE6 doesn't respect any dimensions, and
at least kill its 'em font-resizing bug'[2] before anyone starts
resizing text in that browser.
The addition of
html {font-size: 100%;}
...will do.