> On 10/14/07, David Hucklesby <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> On Sun, 14 Oct 2007 11:07:10 -0700, Peggy Coats wrote:
>>> I'm having a problem on this site in IE :
>>> http://www.ripeforretirement.com/ Here
>>> is the CSS: http://www.ripeforretirement.com/css/ripe.css

[...]
>> There does seem to be a layout problem in IE though. Here's a screen shot:
>>
>> <http://webwiz.robinshosting.com/temp/images/ripe-ie7.png>

[...]
On Sun, 14 Oct 2007 15:55:43 -0700, Peggy Coats wrote:

> I got the jumping/no-scroll problem fixed by elminating a javascript
> call.  It was only an issue in IE 6 and IE 7.

That's good news. Perhaps you had fixed it by the time I looked at it.

> thanks for the screenshot -- it looks like you've enlarged the font
> size (I hope it's not defaulting to that!)   ...

I'm sorry to say that it is the default "medium" size in IE on my machine.
Many, if not most laptops that have screens with more than a thousand
pixels height are set to 120 DPI. To compensate for the smaller text size
that results, both IE and Opera increase "em" sizes by 25%.

High-definition laptops seem to be "the new black."  ;)

Cordially,
David