Dragoness wrote:

> http://www.ladyofdragons.com/test/gallery/art-archive.htm

> 1) My header is fixed and stretches over my left menu div and middle
> content div.
> 2) My left menu contains sub-links (2003, 2002, etc...) to
> corresponding named anchors dispersed throughout the content in the
> main body div.
> 3) When you scroll the content, it’s designed to “fade out” and
> disappear beneath the fixed header. That works! (Except in IE6 *sigh*)
> 3) BUT, If you want to skip to a section instead of scroll, using the
> sub-menu links on the left, the appropriate named anchor jumps to the
> top of the page... placing it, partially hidden, UNDER the fixed header
> layer.

> Is there a way around this? A way to set where the named anchors jump
>  to so the content appears lower on the page, not hidden by the
> header?

Add...

#content p a {margin-top: -100px; padding-top: 100px; width: 1px;
display: block;}

...and the anchor will appear 100px below top of window and nicely below
the fixed header.
The anchor is actually around 115px tall and 1px wide with this styling,
but that won't bother any of the browsers that support 'position: fixed'
in the first place. The narrow width is set to prevent the anchor
covering any of the image-links above it.

Tested in IE7, Opera 9, Firefox 2 - perfect result.

regards
        Georg
--
http://www.gunlaug.no