<utter frustration>I hate IE.</utter frustration>

Okay, now that I've got that out...I'm doing a REALLY simple site.  I've
checked it in all other stuff and it's fine, but in IE things are just
disappearing.  It's so weird.

Anyway, I'll start by saying that this site *will not* validate.  So
"correcting the validation errors" is pretty much out of the question.
I have to work with it as it is, I have no choice.  I'm positive that
part of the reason this thing is doing what it is is because of this
inescapable requirement I'm forced to deal with.  The reason I can't
validate it is because the link I'm passing along is only part of what
the site is.  I'm *required* to use a third-party header a footer that I
am not allowed to edit in any way, and what you're looking at is what I
*can* do, and it's sandwiched between the stuff I can't touch.  Which is
why the stuff that's normally in the header (like my stylesheets) is
actually located in the body.  So truly, I'm working with what I can.

That aside, here's the link:

http://wordpressmu.brassblogs.com/blog/2007/10/24/an-image-in-a-post/#comments

Take a look at that page in Firefox, Safari, Opera - choose something
nice, and you'll see how it's *supposed* to look.

Now peek at it in IE7.

I have a headache.

Would anyone have any idea as to why it's doing this?  Both the comments
have completely disappeared (but the space reserved for them is there!)
*and* the links that are *supposed* to be there below the date are
totally not there. (in IE, you'll see it highlighted by a blue background.)

I'd really appreciate any help on this.

~Shelly