>I¹m trying to make the text (textdiv) appear next to the image (like
>in the
>example.)
>But, I don¹t want to give the div that contains the texts a width. If
>remove the width, the textdiv appears under the picture.

That's because you have the textdiv floated:left. Remove the float and the text
will be fine. Of course...

>I putted the text a div because text may not wrap around the image.

You don't want the text to wrap under the image (if present)? Then you need the
margin or width.

I may not be understanding exactly what you want to do. Pages with image need
to have the "left column" clear, pages without images text should be flush left
(no "left column")?

Tim