Marcelo de Moraes Serpa wrote:

> I have a website that has a header with a Title and a "slogan"
> something like "Company" - "Your road to success". I've put "Company"
> inside a <h1> and used CSS to text-indent:-9999 should I put the
> "slogan" inside the <h1> as well? I want to keep semantics good
> enough.

Choice of markup is as such not a CSS question, so it's off-topic on this
list. Consider asking in some general WWW design or HTML authoring forum,
and don't forget to include the URL if you wish to get specific help with a
specific site.

However, as a strictly CSS issue, the declaration text-indent:-9999 is
ignored by conforming browsers, since it violates CSS syntax (a unitless
number is not allowed as the value of this property, except for 0).

Moreover, it is usually unwise to use some particular markup or content
relying on the possibility of overriding it in CSS, since the effects of CSS
style sheets cannot be guaranteed (in principle and in practice).

Jukka K. Korpela ("Yucca")
http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/