I've come across this one before, but didn't find a solution then either. So
I'll just throw it out there -
In Safari 2.0.4 when shifting a background image on a:hover the bottom 1px
or so comes into view above the un-hovered image. Clearly a bug (in my
mind), but how to avoid?

some code to illustrate-
assume you're only seeing 10px height of a 30px tall .png with 10px
transparency in the middle, shifting it up and down between the two states.

a { background: transparent (my30pxtall.png) 0 0 no-repeat;}  /* Now there's
a px extra on top */
a:hover { background-position: 0 100%;}                               /* Now
there's not */

Anyone found a solution to this?
Eystein