On Nov 16, 2007, at 8:17 AM, DAVOUD TOHIDY wrote:

> on Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 08:11:00 -0800 Tim wrote:
> > I created a link class to have a background image on linked text
>
> have a look at "design consideration" section of my
> portfolio located http://cssfreelancer.awardspace.com .
>
> hope that helps

I'm not sure what you want me to look at. I looked at this page on
your site:

http://www.svendtofte.com/code/max_width_in_ie/

in IE 6, and I see the same issue of disappearing link background
image, under "The Useability Studies", the linked text: "The Effect
of Line Lengths in Children and Adults' Online Reading Performance"
allocates the space for your background arrow, but doesn't display it.

so if you have something you want to communicate, so far I'm missing it.

Thanks, and sorry if I'm being dense!

Tim