Tim Ware wrote:
> I created a link class to have a background image on linked text
> where needed:
>
> a.checkbox {
>       background:url(/healthcare/_img/Pencil.gif) no-repeat 100% 50%;
>       padding-right:20px;
>       }
>
> The above adds a checkbox to the right of the linked text, and it
> works fine everywhere but IE 6 and 7 where, if there are two links in
> a paragraph with that class assigned -- and the two blocks of linked
> text wrap to separate lines -- the first link displays the image and
> the second link allocates the space/padding, but doesn't display the
> image.
>
> This can be seen here:  http://www.opa.ca.gov/healthcare/use-plan/
> disability-assistance.aspx

I believe IE follows a sort of bounding box background position model
for inline elements, where a background image can become lost.

http://www.satzansatz.de/cssd/wrappinglinkbg.html

There may be clever solutions out there, but I don't think CSS can solve
this for IE6 and IE7 without some sort of degradation. I'd search for a
scripting solution.

Regards,

Ingo

--