Hello

I have a breadcrumb which wraps over two lines. I'd like to have an arrow
appear to the left of each link in the breadcrumb, and I'd like preferably to
split links over two lines where necessary, or alternatively to have
breadcrumbs appear whole on the new line where they would otherwise be split. I
cannot make either option work in Internet Explorer 6.

The current output in IE6 looks like this (arrows before links 3 and 5 are
missing)

-> link number one  -> link number two  link
number three -> link number four link
number five

This is what I am aiming for (all arrows are present)

-> link number one  -> link number two  -> link
number three -> link number four -> link
number five

I have tried including the image in the HTML but then there's nothing to stop
the image appearing on one line and the start of the link text on the next
line, which is not desirable.

Here is some test code which shows the problem. This works fine in Firefox but
in IE, the arrow does not appear before links which are split over two lines.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer

"http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd";>
<head>
ul{
        width:500px;