On Nov 21, 2007 12:03 PM, Rees, Mark wrote:

> I have a breadcrumb which wraps over two lines. I'd like to have an arrow
> appear to the left of each link in the breadcrumb, and I'd like preferably to
> split links over two lines where necessary, or alternatively to have
> breadcrumbs appear whole on the new line where they would otherwise be split.
> I cannot make either option work in Internet Explorer 6.
>
> The current output in IE6 looks like this (arrows before links 3 and 5 are
> missing)
>
> -> link number one  -> link number two  link
> number three -> link number four link
> number five

This is indeed a problem with background images on inline elements in
IE. You can read more here [1]. Unfortunately there is no simple
solution. If you don't mind having the element to wrap as a whole
(just in IE) then you can give hasLayout to it, as suggested at the
end of that article.

I never tried them, but if you can/want to alter (contaminate) the
HTML there are other (weird) workarounds like wrapping the first
letter in a span, then apply the background image to that span instead
of the whole link.

Regards,
Bruno

[1] http://www.satzansatz.de/cssd/wrappinglinkbg.html