On Nov 30, 2007, at 12:03 PM, Matt Jalbert wrote:

> On this page:
> http://www.sparklejet.com/clients/cale/livingroom/
>
> the logo, which is in a float-left div, renders in Firefox (both Mac
> and Windows) exactly 17 pixels below where it should be. That is, the
> float seems to be in the right place in Firefox, but the image in the
> float -- the GIF logo with a transparent background --  is offset 17
> pixels down. I have made the background of the float red to emphasize
> the offending offset (it looks terrible at the moment).
>
> It renders fine in Safari, Explorer 6 and 7.
>
> CSS is here:
> http://www.sparklejet.com/clients/cale/_css/style.css

The issue is caused by the padding on the <a>. Removed it (or remove
it only for that particular image), and the issue disappears.

I'm not sure what is going on however; and that annoys me. On Fx 3
beta 1 and more recent nightly builds, the underlying issue also
causes the whole header to show a vertical scrollbar, where  there
should be none.

maybe a better fix:
#headerLogo a {display:block;}
#headerNav {margin: 0 0 1px; }