On Dec 12, 2007 11:57 AM, jaklitsch maya <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I have a request to stop anyone from copying and
> downloading images from the website I am working on
> now.
>
> Someone told me that that is possible with css. I have
> researhed it, but have not been able to find anything
> on that.
>
> I have a few questions.
>
> 1. is it possible with css?
No.

> 2. if it is how do I go about it?
See 1.

> 3. if it is not possible, what do I need to use to do
> it?
>
> The website is necwa.org, and this concerns mostly the
> footer images as these are fairly large, and the
> organization would like to prevent their downloading.

There are more or less two possibilities

A. Make the images smaller.

B. Don't make them publicly available through the webserver

  B1. Place the images in a directory that requires login/password
  B2. Make the images only available after a CAPTCHA is filled out.

Cheers,

Stephan
--
Stephan Wehner