Firstly, I feel that the attack on David is wholly unjustified, and the
general tone of the mail is unlikely to endear your views to the
"mindless majority" (of which I appear to be one), however I do not wish
to be in any way involved in a flaming war, and do have a couple of
questions about your post :-)

Can you clarify why exactly list items are "parasites"?
Which browsers stumble with the "selector parasites" of 'div ul', or
similar?
Also... You say "Apart from a garbling war between M and A to show off
the best proprietary fit, there is a much easier and non-confrontational
way to code css navigation. That method replaces OL, UL and DT with
DIV."

I can't see this method alluded to anywhere.... Could you expand on
this?

Cordially,

James