Thanks Alan! that cleared it up kind of, but now i'm getting a small
gap next to the content graphic. It looks as if the background-image:
url(Images/content_bg_01.gif); is being cut off on the left side. my
initial reaction would be to give it a width but then we go back to
the first problem. Any thoughts on why this is happening?

http://www.touchmassageboutique.com/

patrick mattison wrote:

 > I'm having problems with IE Win rendering my page. Can anyone offer
 > me a clue???
 > The whole content section gets bumped below the menu, so i tried
 > adding a style sheet for IE and added:
 >   #content {margin-left: 0;}
 >
 > that brought it up to where it's supposed to be except It looks like
 > the #content area is about 10px to the left.
 >
 > Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hello Patrick, IE likes to play tricks to bewilder, change the
following in these rule sets.

#content {
margin: 0 0 0 262px;
padding: 0;
border: 0;
width: 538px; /* delete triggering hasLayout */
background-image: url(Images/content_bg_01.gif);
background-repeat: no-repeat;
background-position: top left;
}

#textarea {
margin: 0px 50px 0 30px; /* change top margin to zero */
padding: 0; /* delete */
padding-top: 85px; /* add pushes "About Us" down */
text-align: left;
}

 >From the special IE stylesheet

#content {margin-left: 0;} /* delete */

The 10px difference as seen in IE is due to the #content div
having ... "hasLayout" [1]. Basically for most browsers the #content
divs' left margin of 262px begins at the left edge of the #wrapper
div [2] but for IE this left margin begins at the right edge of the
floated #sidebar div, that why margin:0 brought it close. When the
#content div doesn't have hasLayout IE will behave like the other
browsers.

BTW, the height given to the #footer div is causing text breakout on
text resize. You may want to work with this.

[1] <http://www.satzansatz.de/cssd/onhavinglayout.html>
[2] <http://dev.l-c-n.com/IEW2-bugs/float-layout.php>

Alan

http://css-class.com/