Stuart Walsh wrote:
> I've got a homepage with a header which is a jpg. I'm using HTML Kit to
> write the code and in that, and in IE there is no space above and below
> the header jpg. But in Firefox and Opera there is space above and below.
> I'm doing something wrong but I can't think what it is.

Adding padding-top: 1px; to ruleset #header will collapse the margin [1]

The space below the header image is a gap caused by top margin of the
nav ul.
Adding margin-top: 0; to ruleset #topnav ul will close it.

> Also the bottom jpg which is in a div called 'theories' has a load of
> space above it in Firefox but not in IE.

This may help:

#theories
{
/*margin-top : 3em;*/ <----- delete
/*padding-top : 2em;*/<------delete
padding-top: 5.75em; <-------- add & tweak
}

> And the footer is bigger in Firefox, than in IE.

Kill the margin-top on #footer p. Add margin-top: 0; to selector #footer p

> Here is the page:
>
> http://www.revise-now.co.uk/A2Comms/
>
> and the CSS is
>
> http://www.revise-now.co.uk/A2Comms/new.css
>
> Thanks for any help. (And is there a way to get HTML Kit to do its
> initial preview in Firefox?)

Also, add font-size: 100%; to the body declaration to kill a
font-scaling bug when setting fonts in em's in IE (causes IE to go goofy
at any setting other than text-size "medium."

The page is wider than intended in IE6.0. I am not sure of the cause.
And I do not have time to download your files. I guess that it may be
doubling a margin?
Try adding display: inline; to selector #culture. I f this does not
correct the problem, write back.

[1]
<http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/box.html#collapsing-margins>

HTH.