I think you should use DW more as training wheels in the beginning to learn
how the actual code works.  I am now a 100% hand coder, but I started off
with Dreamweaver and learned the html things I didnt know by using the split
view and watching the code being written as I used the WYSIWYG. It is useful
for a beginner and small business sites with few pages that can be managed
by the DW template system but not for larger sites which require more
planning and thinking. If there's a problem and you've handcoded the site
successfully, you will be able to fix it. This goes for even smaller sites.

> Scott Thigpen wrote:
> > Hi Guys,
> >
> > Yesterday I was up for a job to take on a big website and design it.
>  They
> > were real impressed with my work, everything was going well until I said
> > coded with the aid of Dreamweaver.  Then you would have think I had
> punched
> > the guy in the mouth.  I mean there was not even "well we'll think about
> it"
> > it was "we only use hand coders."  I'm not above doing hand coding, but
> > have no earthly idea where even to start without dreamweaver holding my
> > hand.
> >
> > So do most of you guys hand code? Or do you use a wsywig editor to help?
> >
> > Thanks
> > Scott

Thank You,
Parag Jagdale