On Thu, 31 Jan 2008 13:36:02 -0500 (EST), [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> How does one test for this? Switching DPI settings is a pain (reboot
> required) but the
> results of not accommodating it is significant.
>
> Any one else run into this? If so, how are you working around it?

This is the same problem that visitors have with text size enlarged,
or with minimum font size greater than 16px. *All* these users benefit
from your use of relative sizes (percents and ems) instead of pixels.
No testing for DPI settings needed. (Although it can be done with
scripting.)

Tedd Sperling[1] sizes everything in ems. I am certain that his site
is viewable under almost any circumstance I can think of.

[1] http://sperling.com/examples/zoom/

Cordially,
David