I'm afraid neither of these fit the bill... I tried adding a wide table to the
markup, and the columns will tile one on top of each other, where I need them
to tile side by side. The table I added is as follows:

The floated nav gets pushed down because the parent element can't accomodate
such a wide table and a float horizontally...

Thanks for the effort.

Chris