Big Moxy wrote:
> <?php
> session_start();
> ?>

    Showing your server-side source isn't really the best thing to do
even if you see no risk at all.

> class="required">*</span></span>
> id="firstname" tabindex="1"></span>

    This does have a structure similar to a table, so why bothering? Use
a table instead. The point is not using tables for presentation, but for
tabular data. If you have a structure similar to this, then you do
believe that your data (labels and fields) is meaningless if it isn't
tabulated. A possible variation is the use of data lists (DL), which
also make sense (that's the point of not using tables for design).

    Now, in this particular case you aren't giving any extra value, on
the contrary, you're just creating a mess. There are tags such as LABEL
that are supposed to be used with forms, but they are ignored in favor
of SPAN. Therefore, the reason to build this, as far as I see, is
nothing more than a exercise (and not the best).

    Christopher, David already gave you a couple of examples that could
be helpful, but if you need any more help it would be really nice to
have an idea of what you want (e.g. link to an image) and, if
applicable, what you have done so far (e.g. link to your work).

    Regards.
    Rafael.