On 18/02/2008 16:09, Rick Faircloth wrote:
> I've realized at the start of a pretty large site, including
> Internet and Intranet sections, that my stylesheet could grow
> very large and even finding sections of styles for particular
> pages could be a cumbersome task.
>
> What I'm considering is having one main stylesheet, then
> having supplemental stylesheet for the various pages I will create.
> E.g., for a particular page, I would have main.css, plus index.css.
> For announcements, I would have main.css, plus announcements.css.
>
> I would be avoiding loading a lot of irrelevant styles for a particular
> page and make finding style references much easier, too.

You could take the modular approach. Instead of creating stylesheets
for individual pages, you could, for example have

* common.css
* web.css
* intranet.css

Having individual style files for individual pages seems worse than
embedding styles in the head of a document. It seems to me you've
got all the disadvantages plus extra calls to the server.

--
http://antanova.blogspot.com