From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Rick Faircloth
Sent: maandag 18 februari 2008 17:09
To: 'CSS Discussion'
Subject: [css-d] Request for Comments on this CSS Stylesheet Approach

Hi, all.

I'd like to know your thoughts on including separate
stylesheets for individual pages.

I've realized at the start of a pretty large site, including
Internet and Intranet sections, that my stylesheet could grow
very large and even finding sections of styles for particular
pages could be a cumbersome task.

What I'm considering is having one main stylesheet, then
having supplemental stylesheet for the various pages I will create.
E.g., for a particular page, I would have main.css, plus index.css.
For announcements, I would have main.css, plus announcements.css.

I would be avoiding loading a lot of irrelevant styles for a particular
page and make finding style references much easier, too.

It seems like the best way to go, but I want to make sure I'm not
creating a problem with the technique with which I'm unaware.

I can easily specify which particular page's stylesheet is called
by using coldfusion and the cgi.script_name variable.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Rick

Checked by AVG Free Edition.