Hello,

There's a design issue that I have been trying to solve (unsuccessfully)
for several weeks now. I can't get it done in CSS. I can't even get it
done with HTML 4.01 table crud for that matter. I want something that
behaves sort of as float: center if that would exist. Or as an "inline
block".

Say I have two divs of 200x200 pixels. When the page is 500 pixels wide
I would like these blocks to be next to each other, but centered on the
page. So, 50px space on the left, then two 200px blocks next to each
other and then another 50px space on the right.

However, when the page width shrinks I would like these blocks to flow
as centered text would flow. Say you resize the page to be 300px wide.
Then I would like 50 px whitespace on the left, two 200px blocks on top
of each other and then another 50px whitespace on the right.

I can't seem to figure out how to create a layout like this, let alone
make it work in IE6 and 7 as well as Firefox and the rest (I don't care
about IE5.5 and below).

Does anyone have an idea how such a layout can be accomplished?

Thanks in advance,

--
Sander Marechal
http://www.jejik.com