I am trying to port over a menu I have on the main part of my site to a
page that is outside the site template. But in adapting the css so the
menu text is white I seem to be having a problem with IE6/7. It is showing
the whole block as white (the text is there but it, too, is white
(which is what I want) and the links are working).

I've tried commenting out all indications of colored backgrounds in any
menu nav element (the menu that appears on the rest of the site has a lot
of background: #fff;) but that doesn't seem to help. I don't know where
that white background is coming from. Can anyone tell me?

The page in question: http://inourpath.com/map/maps2.html
To see the original menu scroll to the bottom of this page:
http://inourpath.com/intro.html

Any help would be appreciated. Thx.

Jeff