Jeff Gates wrote:

> I've tried commenting out all indications of colored backgrounds in
> any menu nav element (the menu that appears on the rest of the site
> has a lot of background: #fff;) but that doesn't seem to help. I
> don't know where that white background is coming from. Can anyone
> tell me?
>
> The page in question: http://inourpath.com/map/maps2.html

FYI: IE/win interprets '#background:#fff;' as 'background:#fff;', so the
"#" is not "disabling" the property in _that_ browser.

The addition of...

ul, a {background: transparent!important;}

...will of course override all instances of white background on the
relevant elements - as a temporary solution.

regards
        Georg
--
http://www.gunlaug.no