Alan Gresley wrote:

> Why does IE8 take 25 minutes to install!

Would take ages to download at my end anyway, so I won't bother with
this beta version.

> Well hasLayout, the float bugs, the margins bugs, Sticky hover bug,
> Guillotine bug, Escaping float bug, Peekaboo bug, Relative position
> bug and z-index stacking order bugs are all fix. Hooray!
>
> <http://css-class.com/test/css/visformatting/layers/z-index.htm>

Some stacking bugs reported over at [WSG]...

<http://tjkdesign.com/test/ie8/links.asp>

> Parsing of the non-valid import filters is fixed.
>
> <http://css-class.com/test/css/selectors/ie/import-hacks.htm>
>
> Goerg, you use this filter don't you :-)

Yes, so I shouldn't have to worry about IE8 picking up IE7 styles. How
does it handle that filter if rolled back to IE7 ?

> This also shows why I need my IE/Mac band pass filter to remain
> in-tacked :-)

Sounds like I only have to add the '* html' filter to all my IE/mac
rules, to make sure IE8 can't pick up any styles (in standard mode) even
if it does pick up the band pass filtered IE/Mac stylesheet.

BTW: how does IE8 beta1 handle all these @import hacks...

<http://www.gunlaug.no/contents/wd_chaos_20.html>

...not to mention these...

<http://www.gunlaug.no/contents/wd_chaos_27.html>