>http://www.satzansatz.de/ie8/xua7.html
>does not show the generated content, but the Conditional Comment for _IE8_
>Is this expected? Even if the X-UA-Compatible is set to "IE=7", the
>conditional comment acts as if this is IE8?

I noticed this when I added conditional comments to my XU-A tests

    http://www.fu2k.org/alex/css/cssjunk/ie8/xuas

but then read something (er, where I don't remember) that said that
conditional comments were currently broken but would obviously be
fixed before final release. Of course, I cannot find that page now :(

Yes, it's incredibly bizarre that the beta has been shipped without
proper support for the X-UA + CC combo, given how much Microsoft has
stressed that those are the methods we should use.