Vicki Stebbins wrote:
> [...] http://www.keenstreet-dev.com/index.php to site correctly.
>
> Q. It was all working fine and then for no reason that I can figure
> out when I go to the homepage the text is down the page or there's a
> big gap in between paragraphs, on refresh it corrects?

I can't see anything wrong with your homepage in any of my win-browsers,
neither on first load nor when refreshed. Which browser is acting up?

> Second: On this page the div holding the information is quirky...
> http://www.keenstreet-dev.com/casestudy.php?the_cat=25

A table without declared width shrinks when there's not enough content
to space it out. That explains your second case. Since you can't declare
width and not control the amount (width) of content, you can't use
'display: table' there.

One possible alternative:

#ufwus {/*userfriendly web updating system*/
margin: 2px 3px 25px 25px;
overflow: hidden;
}

* html #ufwus {/* for IE6 and lower */
overflow: visible;
height: 1%;
}

div#rbox {
float: right;
display: inline;
margin: 0 0 0 5px;
}

This alternative has the drawback that you can't pull elements visible
over the edges of #ufwus - except in IE6 and older. That's why margins
on div#rbox has to be corrected, along with margins on #ufwus.

Other than that the isolation-effect is the same as before - which makes
your homepage line-up work with a few adjustments, and you'll get a
full-width container regardless of amount (width) of content - which
will solve your second case.

Don't think there are any other good CSS-only alternatives for your
layout, if you want the right-float on your homepage to line up as
intended.

regards
        Georg
--