  From: Mark Finney
  Sent: Friday, April 04, 2008 9:54 AM
  Subject: [css-d] Background in IE6 and 7

  Dear List,

  I have a table theading (thead>tr>th) which has a background image set on
  the tr. I also have a small arrow image set as a background image to a link
  in each th to indicate the direction of sort. In FF all works as expected,
  however in IE6+7 oon XP (all I have tested thus far) the th has a white bg
  which hides the tr background.

  I haven't found anything written on this yet, anybody know how I can make
  that th background transparent? Or any articles about this?

  The arrow image is set like this:

  background: transparent url(../images/arrow.png) right center no-repeat;

  Thanks,

  Mark