Replying to both your messages:

Transparent is valid for IE7 but will only work in IE6 if the file's a gif (as
yours are) not a png.

In answer to your other reply, the fact remains that there was/is a white space
in your code which messed up the table head rendering on my browser.

Unless I've totally misunderstood, the <thead> is not in question.

The <th> IS a child of <tr> and has been given a class of "header", but because
of the errant white space, the browser won't apply the "header" class to the
<th>.

Have you actually tried my amendment? It certainly made things jump into life
for me, and as I say, unless I've totally misunderstood you, it does do what
you want it to do.

Regards,

Alan.

www.theatreorgans.co.uk
www.virtualtheatreorgans.com
Admin: ConnArtistes, UKShopsmiths, 2nd Touch & A-P groups
Shopsmith 520 + bits
Flatulus Antiquitus