Luc wrote:

> Still having problems with my nav.... the background image seems to
> be working but between "Equipamentos Transportados" and "Nossa Frota"
>  is a gap i can't seem to get rid off. Also, the border at the right
> side of "Equipamentos" is bigger then it should be. What's puzzling
> me is that it seems to be just that li...

> http://www.mendesperestransportes.com.br/Pages/equipamentos.php

Not enough background-image vertically for two text-lines, so the
missing part appears as a gap.

Make that:

#navcontainer li {
background : transparent url(../Images/navbackgroundbig.gif) repeat-y 0
0.1em;
margin : 0.5em;
/* no height */
}

...and there will be no "gap". I think that answers your second question
too, if I understood you correctly.
Centering text in _equal-height_ li's requires an HTML table for nav,
since IE7 and older don't support CSS table.

Please don't keep changing things when you ask for help. It's impossible
to debug a moving target.

regards
        Georg
--