Good afternoon Gunlaug,
It was foretold that on 04/04/2008 @ 00:19:10 GMT+0200 (which was
19:19:10 where I live) Gunlaug Sørtun would write:

<snipped a bit>

> Not enough background-image vertically for two text-lines, so the
> missing part appears as a gap.

I see. Makes sense like all your posts.

> Make that:

> #navcontainer li {
> background : transparent url(../Images/navbackgroundbig.gif) repeat-y 0
> 0.1em;
> margin : 0.5em;
> /* no height */

> ...and there will be no "gap". I think that answers your second question
> too, if I understood you correctly.
> Centering text in _equal-height_ li's requires an HTML table for nav,
> since IE7 and older don't support CSS table.

Hmm, maybe i wasn't clear, i meant equal space above and beneath the
text of the links like it's shown on the "equipamentos" part...
(since i moved to Brazil i seem to forget more and more about the
English language ....)

> Please don't keep changing things when you ask for help. It's impossible
> to debug a moving target.

Oh it's probably because i received an off-list message from Keppler
with the following suggestion:

#navcontainer li {
background:transparent url(../Images/navbackgroundbig.gif) 0 .1em no-repeat;
margin:.5em;
height:3.5em;

#navcontainer li a {
color:#FFFFFF;
display:block;
padding:.5em;
text-align:left;
text-decoration:none;
height:2.5em;

This also seemed to do the trick... hence my hasty upload.

Next time i'll keep the target put ;-)

Only thing to figure out now, is how to set the distance between the
border and the background image. Seems if i mess with the
padding/margin on the li it affects the li but not the border. Since
the border is controlled by the "#navcontainer li a:hover" and
"li#here a:link, li#here a:visited, li#here a:hover" declarations it
seems to me that i have to use a class? Or do i really really lost my
head now?

--
Best regards,
 Luc

Using the best e-mail client: The Bat! version 4.0.18 with Windows XP
(build 2600), version 5.1 Service Pack 2 and using the best browser:
Opera.

"The pleasure of love is in loving. We are happier in the passion we
feel than in that we inspire." - François, duc de La Rochefoucauld
(1613–1680)