On 5/1/2008 8:40 PM, Mark Henderson wrote:
> Erik Harris wrote:
>> <http://www.gunlaug.no/tos/moa_8d.html>
>> Interesting.  This one doesn't work at all in IE6 (at least not in
>> IE6-Standalone), despite supposedly being a way to make fixed
>> positioning work in IE6.
>
> Then Holly Bergevin wrote:
>> Just for the record, in a "native installation" of IE6, the above
> example works fine.
>
> A bit late on this one, but it works fine in my IE6 Standalone on XP Pro
> (using multipleIE while running a full install of IE7).

I don't know what the issue is, then.  I don't have JavaScript disabled
in IE6, as one respondent suggested.  I've got an IE6 Standalone
installation (not multipleIE, but one in an archive labeled ie6eolas_nt)
and IE7 installed normally.  The URL above displays correctly in IE7 and
FF3b5, but not in my copy of IE6 Standalone.

Regardless, the other example did work in all three, but it's not what I
primarily want to do.  When I get some time (this weekend), I'm going to
try it with an extra layer of nested DIV elements, and if that fails,
I'll go ahead with a fixed footer.  If I do, I'd rather go with the
CSS-only implementation, as in the other example, as opposed to using
JavaScript.

--

Erik Harris                                http://www.eHarrisHome.com
-        AIM: KngFuJoe - Yahoo IM: kungfujoe7 - ICQ: 2610172        -