Tom McNeer wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> Before I ask for help, let me warn everyone that the code I'm about to point
> you to does not validate. And I do not (at the moment) have
> access/permission to make it so.
>
> But if you're willing to take a look, I'd appreciate any opinions on the
> problem.
>
> It involves the integration of a CSS/Javascript menu generated by OpenCube's
> QuickMenu. I have contacted their support regarding the issue; but the
> problem seems not to be in their code, but in its interaction with other
> styling or Javascript within the page. And it's creating an effect I've
> never seen before.
>
> You may view an example at http://sitedirectorcssdev4.quilldesign.com. In IE
> 6 and 7, and in Safari, the drop-down/flyout menus which descend from
> "Category 1" and "Category 2" work correctly.
>
> But in Firefox, on both Mac and PC, the sub-menus will often disappear even
> while hovered over. Typical behavior is for the menus to appear correctly to
> start with, then begin to disappear as one moves around. For example, start
> with Category 1, then go to Sub-Category 3, then move out to
> Sub-sub-category Five.
>
> I know I'm asking for help on something that can't be tested properly at the
> moment. I'm just hoping it's something that someone may have run into
> previously, and can point me in a direction for troubleshooting.
>
> Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

There are two nested boxes following the header with the menu in
question, #main and #twocolumn. both have overflow:hidden set, probably
to contain floats, the "easy way" (the buggy way, I should add).

But Firefox seems to loose track on the menu once the mouse hovers a
position above the overflow area. Your script just slows down the
effect. Open your page with Firebug and highlight #twocolumn, then let
the mouse gently move towards the borderline.

In Firebug, remove overflow:hidden from both and use display:table
instead, for debugging.

You will have to choose another containing floats method. I'd suggest
starting with a solid clearer, or using the easyclearing method.

Ingo

--
http://www.satzansatz.de/css.html
http://www.dolphinsback.com