Christopher wrote:
> I would like to have the background in the body (rather the whole
> page) shrink to that of the users browser window so that it matches
> now I know at least I hope I know that the lowest common resolution
> is 800x600 so if I could have the page fit the browser window of a
> 800x600 user without no horizontal scroll this is what I'm after.  As
> far I know this can only be done with Java script but can it be done
> with a style on a body (css) ? And if so does anyone know a
> javascript that is easy to blend into the page?

1: Support for background-image-resizing is next to non-existent today.
Some testing of CSS3 properties to this effect is going on.

2: If you want a page to fit a particular width, and only that width,
you *declare* that width on the main page-containing element - in CSS.
We definitely do not need/use javascript for such elementary tasks.

regards
        Georg
--
http://www.gunlaug.no