Hi,

I'm having to assist someone to alter the output of a serverside control
(.NET).
I'm still not 100% sure about the following bit: there is a part where the
control - more specifically a paged list using alphanumeric characters -
renders these anchors starting with a "previous" anchor that is grayed out
(being at the start and all).

The problem is they are using a property "disabled" inside the anchor <a
disabled="disabled"> and to my knowledge the disabled attribute can only be
used with form elements (input).

In order to be able to style the anchor list I thought rendering of the
grayed out anchor could be:

1.
<a class="disabled">PreviousText</a>

2.

3.
PreviousText

Which do you think would be best considering the least amount of generated
html but allowing just enough room for DOM traversing and styling using css?

Thanks a lot.
Kris