--- On Wed, 7/23/08, Christopher <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> When I adjust the margins on the .maintext the #location
> moves too, how
> come?

--- and

> I did install FireBug, I just would like to solve this, I really have to
> get this done ASAP and I have already spent a great deal learning CSS,
> sure I don't know it all, yet but I have just
> a few things to work out and get solved.

Christopher, as I explained to you in a mail which I (unintentionally) sent
off-list, the margins of .maintext and #location are inextricably linked since
one element is nested inside the other. In effect, margin changes to either
element affect them as if they were one and the same.

This misunderstanding certainly suggests you have more than "a few things to
work out", and you really need to understand how the structure of an HTML
document and associated CSS combine to create the final layout.

Have you read up about the box model and experimented with margins, padding,
and borders for the simplest case, e.g. '<div id="outer"><div
id="inner">content</div></div>'. It shouldn't take too long (relatively) to
create a page demonstrating the effects of various combinations of these style
properties on either of the boxes created. I'd be surprised if there wasn't a
good example out there in the wild already, although I don't have a great
reference, excepting the W3C specs which are, admittedly, rather technical.

If I have the time, inclination, and sanity, I'll put something together later
which should resolve the confusion.

- Bobby