On Tue, 22 Jul 2008 22:48:08 -0500, RePost wrote:
>> Philippe Wittenbergh wrote:
>>
>>> A quick fix that works with some test pages here:
>>> wrap all of your contents in a <div> and attach the background-image to
>>> that div.
>>>
> The problem with that is, I designed the body background image to display the
> shadow
> border that extends to the right and left sides of my layout. I can solve the
> shifting
> problem by removing the body bg image -- but then, no more nice border.
>
> In fact, I do have a background image attached to my maincontainer div. That
> div (which
> has not shifted), repeats the inner portion of my body background image. I
> found that
> this prevents an alignment problem with the body background image that
> occurred when a
> visitor would resize the page.

I think Philippe is suggesting yet another DIV. Although it sounds
like a case of "divitis," I often find a need to add an extra 100%
wide DIV around the entire content for IE7's sake. When IE7 is
"zoomed" the background-image on BODY does not resize. Putting
the background-image on this extra DIV takes care of that bug, too.

Cordially,
David