Philippe Wittenbergh wrote:
> On Jul 24, 2008, at 2:25 AM, RePost wrote:
>

>> David Hucklesby wrote:
>>
>>> I think Philippe is suggesting yet another DIV. Although it sounds
>>> like a case of "divitis," I often find a need to add an extra 100%
>>> wide DIV around the entire content for IE7's sake. When IE7 is
>>> "zoomed" the background-image on BODY does not resize. Putting
>>> the background-image on this extra DIV takes care of that bug, too.

I missed a key part of David's recommendation -- setting 100 percent
width for the background image in the wrapper div.

Disappointingly, though, the background image still shifts when used in
the wrapper div, just as it shifts when used in the body. Any idea why
this might occur?

Here's a test page with the outerwrap div, if anyone's interested:
http://tinyurl.com/5nfdg2