Chris Akins wrote:
> I'm sending this to you off list so I can attach the screenshots.  I
> hadn't clicked on the top links before so I never saw the panels.  It
> does appear - my opinion - that the top tabs are slightly too high as
> the actual text bumps the top edge of the viewport.  I think that's
> why I saw them as being cut off instead of being tabs.

Aha! Yes, I see what you mean...there's no top padding being applied. I
think this is probably related to FF2's lack of inline-block support,
but in any event, yeah...that needs fixing.

> The panels won't close after mousing away from them on my Mac in FF 2.
>   Oh - this just in - I just thought of clicking again on the tab to
> close it and it works that way.  Again, just my opinion, but that
> wasn't obvious to me at all.  I think that might be a usability flaw
> since it's not the most obvious.  The whole "Don't Make Me Think" idea
> by Steve Krug.

I see what you mean. Interestingly enough, I used to have them enabled
that way, but it was reported by the client (strangely enough) as
"unpredictable behavior). "I clicked it to open it...I should have to
click it to close it." I do agree with what you're saying. Maybe I can
find a compromise between the two.

> Anyhoo - one small thing too is that the "current" state of the
> clicked tab shifts the rest of the tabs to the left since the padding
> increases.  I think you might look at just increasing the padding on
> the bottom only, making the tab stick down from the rest to indicate
> it's the current tab. But making the whole line of tabs shift
> horizontally seems like a bug to me.

I chose to make the whole tab larger with no feedback from the client,
but I can see how without inline-block, it might look weird. Again,
it'll need tweaking because you're making a good point.

> For what it's worth.  Hope the screenshots help.

They did. I've gone back on-list with this since we're now
sans-screenshots. Thanks for the feedback.

--Bill