Alan K Baker wrote:
> Tony.
>
> I have separated your HTML and CSS because I find it easier to read and
> troubleshoot this way.
>
> I've put up a test page with your code, which I have modified.
>
> The html is at: http://www.webbwize.co.uk/Test_Area/Somersetspiess/
> and the css is at
> http://www.webbwize.co.uk/Test_Area/Somersetspiess/stylesheet.css
> which you should be able to copy and use.
>
> You had some redundant declarations in the CSS and (if I have positioned the
> way I *think* you want it) I have corrected your positioning.
>
> ISTM that your buttonframe image set is not quite accurate, as there's a
> slight jump when navigating it, which cannot be corrected by moving the image
> up or down.
> It's *not* a browser bug, and it's only 1 pixel in each sub-image, so you may
> not care too much. :-)
[..]
> Regards,
>
> Alan.

That jumping and alignment issue can be fixed by changing this CSS.

#buttonframe li ul {
top:4px;
}
#buttonframe li a span {
top:1px;
}
#buttonframe li a:hover {
background-position:0 -116px;
}

to this.

#buttonframe li ul {
top:0;
}
#buttonframe li a span {
top:0;
}
#buttonframe li a:hover {
background-position:0 -115px;
}

All those small amount of pixels add up. :-)

--
Alan http://css-class.com/

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's
character, give him power - Abraham Lincoln