Nancy Johnson wrote:
> I had some additional questions, in previous conversations regarding
> IE8, it wasn't clear to me whether IE8 supports conditional comments
> the same way as other versions of IE do.
>
> Does it support conditional comments?  If not how would you have a
> separate Style sheet for IE8?
>
> For instance I had a page the browsershots.org indicated broke in IE8
> but was fine in IE6 and 7, Firefox and Safari.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Nancy

Hello Nancy,

IE8 does support conditional comments.

<http://css-class.com/test/bugs/ie/8/ie8-cc-seen-by-ie6.htm>

Plus it does not wreck the version vectors as IE8b1 did.

I find that Bruno has found a hack.

http://www.brunildo.org/test/csshacks.html

html:first-child selector [attr|=a-b] { property: value; }

Playing around with this, we can have.

http://css-class.com/test/bugs/ie/8/ie8b2-hack.htm

html:first-child p { property: value; }

This isn't even with a XML prolog.

--
Alan http://css-class.com/

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's
character, give him power - Abraham Lincoln

Save the Internet - http://www.savetheinternet.com/