Alan Gresley wrote:

> Guess what, IE8b2 seems to be to one of the most standard compliant
> CSS2.1 browsers. I know that seems odd to say about IE but they at MS
> have really done a good job with my bug list. :-)

[...]

> I do note a strange rendering bug where pages do not download
> properly. Sometimes positioned elements are in strange positions and a
> refresh is needed to fix their placement up. Also text (links) seems
> to be missing here and there and then appears when scrolling. The
> weird bugs that are not reproducible.

Yes, I have same experience. Many CSS bugs are gone!

Then there is this problem where parts of a page are sometimes not
displayed, especially in presence of images, but also with text. With
multiple refreshes the missing parts usually appear. But refreshing again
other (or the same) parts may disappear again.

Best regards,

Bruno

PS: IE8b2 seems to match html:first-child. Of course there is no interest
now for IE8b2 hacks, however html:first-child was matched also by Opera <
9.5 (that's the reason I added something in my hack attempt, just for
play...)

--
Bruno Fassino http://www.brunildo.org/test