Jack:

Thanks for these tips.

> Firefox has its own DOM interpreter, but also has the Firebug
> extension, which will allow you to inspect/edit the DOM and
> stylesheets while viewing the page.

I have used the DOM inspector but Firebug will not (yet) install in
Firefox 3.x, although oddly enough, some of its plug-ins will!

> Opera has Dragonfly, I think, built in that lets you do the same.

Thanks, will check it out.

> Google Chrome is built from Safari, and also includes helpful
> development tools.

I can't get Chrome to install properly and *function* on Windows XP
SP3.  And for some weird reason it installs in my home directory, not in
"C:\\Program Files\", like every other app on the planet, including
Google's other apps.  Also, Chrome is built on a version of WebKit
earlier than that in Safari, so I am afraid I will have to forego
Chrome's tools.

> Internet Explorer has the Internet Development Toolbar which lets you
> inspect elements, and to see if they're being given layout.

Ah, yes, the dreaded hasLayout bug.

Regards,
Hedley

--

Hedley Finger

28 Regent Street   Camberwell VIC 3124   Australia
Tel. +61 3 9809 1229   Fax. (call phone first)
Mob. (cell) +61 412 461 558
Email. "Hedley Finger" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>