I'm in the process of slowly migrating my static website to a CMS-based
site, and have begun working in earnest on the theme.

Right now, I'm stuck on a drop shadow issue.  You can see it at:
http://www.kungfu-silat.com/wp/

I've got five DIV elements defining the drop shadow - three for the
three corners (page_tl, _bl, and _br), and two for the two edges (page_l
and _b), allowing me to have the shadow around an arbitrary-sized box.
These create a shadow for a 6th box titled "page"

In Firefox 3, the bottom of the "page" is covering the shadow, despite
the fact that I gave it a 6 pixel bottom margin (the bottom edge is 6px
tall).  If I change the last shadow DIV to have a bottom padding value
of 1px instead of 0, it does what I expect - it puts the shadow 1 pixel
below the "page" div (i.e. it's disconnected), but that's 7 pixels below
where it is when padding = 0.  What am I doing wrong to make 0+1=7 in CSS?

In IE7, the behavior is also weird.  The bottom border sometimes appears
way below the box, and sometimes not at all, depending on my browser
window size.  I'm not too worried about fixing it in IE until it's
working in Firefox.  Once I know it's working in a standards-compliant
browser, I'll worry about IE.

Ignore everything inside the "page" DIV.  It's got issues simply because
I basically haven't worked on that yet.  I want to get the frame
finished before I work on the stuff inside it.

Oddly, I can't seem to run this page through the CSS validator.  If I
put the static site into the validator, it works.  If I put the URL
above into the validator, I get a server timeout error saying "Servlet
has thrown exception:javax.servlet.ServletException: Timed out", so I
don't know if I've got any typos that have resulted in bad CSS syntax.
I also haven't gone through to delete CSS code that I'm not using, so
there's a lot of superfluous stuff.

--

Erik Harris                                http://www.eHarrisHome.com
-        AIM: KngFuJoe - Yahoo IM: kungfujoe7 - ICQ: 2610172        -