I've recently stumbled upon Dean Edwards's IE7.js script for correcting
non-compliance in IE6 and earlier.  It seems a great step forward, to get away
from ad hoc hacks.  But I've instantly hit a problem with my drop-down menus.

I know there's a problem with IE6 restricting hover effects to
hyperlinks, and I've carefully worked round that with suckerfish.  It's worked
for a long time with no problems (mostly thanks to Eric Meyer).

But when I add IE7.js (using the conditional), IE6 only highlights the <a>,
instead of the whole <li> box, so the menu becomes unworkable because the
drop-downs collapse when one tries to move the mouse to the next level.  It
makes no difference whether the suckerfish script is called or not.  See:

http://www.holidaymullandiona.co.uk/accn/bb-central-mull.php (no IE7.js, works
normally)
http://www.holidaymullandiona.co.uk/accn/bb-central-mull0.php (IE7.js +
suckerfish, only <a> highlighted, menus collapse)
http://www.holidaymullandiona.co.uk/accn/bb-central-mull1.php (IE7.js, no
suckerfish script called, only <a> highlighted, menus collapse)

No problem in FF3 or IE7, of course, only IE6.
One would expect IE7.js to prevent this behaviour, not cause it.
This time I thought I should seek advice before spending all day tearing my
hair
out.

Tim Dawson