From: "Aaron Gray" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [css-d] float: right does not work via DOM - looking for
        substitute
To: "Ms2ger" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: CSS-D <css-d@lists.css-discuss.org>, Philippe Wittenbergh
        <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Aaron Gray wrote:

>>> Can you provide an example that actually shows the issue ? Otherwise,
>>> one can only speculate.
>>
>> Okay, I have done an example in plain Javascript without my library :-
>>
>>     http://www.aarongray.org/Examples/CSS/floatRight.html
>>
>> It works on WebKit based browsers but not on IE7, FF3.0.1, or Opera 9
>>

> The solution is to use |.style.styleFloat| and |.style.cssFloat|.[1]
>
> [1]
> http://www.demay-fr.net/blog/index.php/2008/01/22/99-stylefloat-vs-stylecssfloat-vs-stylestylefloat

>Yes, thanks alot.

>Feeling very dumb,

>Aaron

Worth noting perhaps that you could keep the style information in a CSS file
and use JavaScript to change the class attribute of the eleemnt you wish to
float. You will still come across a similar problem with IE in that you have to
set both the class and className attributes. Something like this:

element=document.getElementById('myEL');
element.setAttribute('class','right');
element.setAttribute('className','right');

No doubt your chosen library provides a one-line method for doing the above